Elderly Are more Prone to Hemorrhoids
Statistics have shown that the prevalence of hemorrhoids increases as the person gets older. In the recent count almost 50% of people with hemorrhoids are also over the age of 50. It is usually associated to the changes that the body go through as we age.
As we get older, vulnerable arschfick sphincter muscles, in conjunction with other aging problems makes it possible to acquire hemorrhoids without them having to exert any strenuous effort.
Although there are many factors that can contribute for the elderly to develop this condition, it is said that there are only two factors which could significantly aggravate hemorrhoids: persistent constipation and unrestrainable messing.
Chronic Constipation is a Very Common Problem for the Elderly
For many, that is caused by eating foods that are easy to chew and swallow. The bad news is that most of these food have very little fibers or roughage - as a result, the stool becomes very hard, dry, and difficult to pass.
- Because the elderly usually have a difficulty in passing stool, many resort to using laxatives to help with the bowel movement.
- Prolonged use of laxatives is really not helpful in the long run.
- People may become dependent and cannot pass stool without resorting to these.
The opposite of chronic constipation, some elderly have anal sphincter muscles that are so weak that they cannot control bowel movements. As a result of this, they suffer from incontinence and uncontrollable leaking of fecal material from the anus. In addition to causing chafed epidermis and ulcers, constant soiling can get to the hemorrhoidal veins in the rear end and anal canal, and therefore result in hemorrhoids.
Helping the Elderly to Deal With Hemorrhoids
You might be caring for an seniors suffering from hemorrhoids, below are a few tips in caring for these so as not to aggravate their condition.
Piles Hemorrhoids Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Visit http://www.24remedy.com/hemorrhoids/hemorrhoid-treatment/ For Piles Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids (Piles) are commonly caused by straining while having ...
- First thing that you have to do is to tell them to avoid using laxatives.
- As we have mentioned earlier, laxatives can do more harm than good in the long run.
Instead, encourage them to take foods which have laxative properties such as prunes, prune juice, figs, and dried fruits. If there is really a need to use a laxative, choose those soluble fiber based stool softener in order to build muscle the stools and make it easier to move.
Hemorrhoid Relief How to cure Your Hemorrhoid With Ease Hemorrhoids are cushions of swollen swollen veins around the anus and rectum. This is due to conglomeration of cushions of cells full of blood vessels at the anal region. This conglomeration leads to swelling that are situated either internally or...
To guarantee the easy passage of stool, you can lubricate the arschfick canal with petroleum jelly before a bowel movement.
May Also be Helpful to Put Them on a Warm Sitz Bath or Cold Compress
Allow them to lay on tepid to warm water to ease the pressure in the lower anus then alternately apply cold shrink on the afflicted area. This can be done a few minutes in a day to provide temporary relief from hemorrhoids.
- Modification in their diet is also necessary.
- Let them eat more fiber-rich foods.
- Despite of popular belief, there are plenty of fiber-rich foods that are not crunchy or difficult to chew.
- For example, oatmeal, barley, peas, steamed vegetables as well as stewed fruits are rich in soluble fibers.
- Along with that, permit them to drink plenty of liquids also.
- It is also useful to let them drink water with food, instead of between meals, as this can help soften the fiber and make it easier to pass.
The Elderly Usually Feel Helpless When They are Stricken With Any Condition
Hemorrhoids leave a patient with an unpleasant feeling, so it is the responsibility of the younger generation in order to spare these from the pains of this condition by guiding all of them in suggestions to prevent the occurrence of hemorrhoids.
At http://best-treatment-for-hemorrhoids.com you find more information, tips, the very best treatment for hemorrhoids and a lively, growing community to support your efforts to get rid of even the most difficult cases of hemorrhoids.