Schedule a Consultation There are numerous treatments that are available, which can effectively remove symptomatic hemorrhoids. While topical products may reduce the discomfort associated with this condition, they will not really remove the problem. If you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids, you may need to go through a hemorrhoid removal procedure.
- These procedures are usually performed right at a doctor's office or at a special clinic that addresses hemorrhoid removing.
- While most can be done on an outpatient basis, more serious surgeries may include being admitted into a hospital.
- Let's look at the range of methods that can be used for hemorrhoid removal.
- Banding - This is a very common method that has been used for many years.
- A small band is placed around the hemorrhoid very tightly.
- This cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid and it will begin to shrivel.
- After a few days, it will fall off and also the sufferer can get on with the process of recovery.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and it will always be quite effective.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids - 10 Million People Can Get Well
http://www.lnk123.com/SHOa9 - The best way to get rid of hemorrhoids once and for all. I couldn't find anything better. Hi! I'm robo-Suzie and today I'll talk to you ...
Infrared Coagulation (IRC)
This technique uses infrared light, which is used to coagulate the small vessels found in a hemorrhoid, and so could be very useful in smaller as well as less extreme cases. This is generally performed in an office or perhaps an outpatient clinic, and is accompanied by small discomfort.
The unusual scenario when less invasive steps are inadequate to control a patient's symptoms, a surgical procedure may be required. These are more included procedures, and tend to be associated with more pain and disability, so they ought to be reserved for only the most serious cases. Make sure you discuss the risks and benefits of these procedures with your physician prior to consenting to one of these surgical procedures.
Harmonic Scalpel Treatments
This kind of hemorrhoid removal makes use of a special scalpel that operates with ultrasound surf. The particular scalpel is used in order to remove the hemorrhoid and the blood vessels are automatically cauterized. This is considered to be an almost bloodless procedure and is typically recommended for large hemorrhoids or for people who are very painful.
This is very similar to harmonic scalpel treatments, but in this case, an actual laser beam are going to be targeted on the hemorrhoid. This kind of hemorrhoid removal is growing in popularity, and is very effective. The laser automatically cauterizes the area, as well as the nerves will be sealed away from as well. This method may be accompanied by a bit less pain than the typical surgical hemorrhoidectomy.
Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
This technique utilizes a special stapling device that cuts through the involved vessels, and staples the tissue back together again. This also is associated with a bit less pain than a conventional hemorrhoidectomy, and it is becoming more popular with many surgeons.
- Excising - An actual surgery of the hemorrhoid may be necessary..
- The hemorrhoid is cut away and the blood vessels are tied off.
- This procedure will be a bit more painful than other types of hemorrhoid removal and also the recovery time may be longer.
- However, it is very effective.
For those that need to seek hemorrhoid removing, it may be recommended to get a colon cancer screening (colonoscopy) as well. These kinds of studies can help a doctor determine if there is an actual cause for repeated hemorrhoid flare ups.