Hemorrhoids During pregnancy - What you need to Know
This article explores the relationship between hemorrhoids and pregnancy and seeks to give the reader answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that women who suffer from piles during pregnancy ask. It will help to answer some of your burning questions about dealing with piles while you are pregnant.
Here are Just a Few of the Causes of Piles in Pregnant Women
An expanding uterus due to having a baby is often what causes the onset of hemorrhoids during pregnancy. This then places further pressure in the pelvic region of the pregnant women as well as in the vena cava.
- Problem area is the vena cava because it is subjected to a lot of pressure during a pregnancy.
- This pressure reduces the particular circulation and as a result can boost the pressure of the veins in the lower limbs.
- Pressure that could possibly build up in the veins while pregnant is thought to be one of the main causes of hemorrhoids in pregnancy.
- When you are with child you tend to develop more issues with things like constipation.
- Becoming constipated is thought to be one of the common, if not the most common, cause of hemorrhoids.
Another reported reason for pregnant women getting hemorrhoids is their particular a higher level of progesterone: the veins tend to be made more stimulating through this particular hormone and because of this they are occasionally able to become inflamed less difficult.
Treating Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
Getting hemorrhoids while you are pregnant is very common, but how should you deal with them when they occur? The good news is that most cases of piles can be treated easily at home. Many women find that their piles will actually go away by themselves after a few days. There are certain things that are known to help most pregnant women to deal with the problems associated with hemorrhoids when their pregnant.
Favoured remedy is to apply ice to the affected area, this is well known to help reduce swelling and it can also limit the amount of discomfort that hemorrhoid suffers feel.
Sitz baths can also prove great for giving relief to be able to anyone suffering from piles: with the addition of salts to the bath it can help make the bath even more soothing.
You are treating your piles at home, then it is highly recommended in order to keep your anorectal area as clear as you possibly can.
Hemorrhoid or Fissure?
While it may not be the subject of casual conversation, rectal bleeding is something you should discuss with your doctor. But very often people are embarrassed ...
You will need to wipe the affected area following every bowel movement and you will want to utilize moist towelettes for this. In order to avoid any further irritation to the problematic area it is normally recommended that you use towelettes that are non-perfumed and that also contain no alcohol.
- You plan to use over-the-counter medications for the treatment of hemorrhoids, you should first talk to your doctor.
- You have to keep in mind that not everything is appropriate for a pregnant woman to take and this includes some over-the-counter remedies.
- If you visit your doctor, he will normally be able to suggest something with regard to treating your hemorrhoids that is more appropriate.
Your hemorrhoids last longer than a week, then they might be classed as being severe and a physician should assess you; it may be necessary for your doctor to utilize other techniques to deal with the hemorrhoids.
You simply want to get rid of your hemorrhoids quickly so that you can start enjoying your pregnancy, then take a look at the Treatment for Hemorrhoids website.